Pearl Care


PearlsPearls are an organic gem and they require a very specialized care that if done properly will protect them for a very long time. They can be harmed by contact with many chemicals found in household cleaners, perfumes, cosmetics and hair care products of all kinds.

  • Never use toothbrushes, scouring pads or any type of abrasive material to clean your Pearls.
  • Never expose your Pearls to dish or laundry detergents, bleaches, powdered cleansers, baking soda or any ammonia based cleaner like Windex.
  • Never use any type of ultrasonic cleaner.
  • Never steam clean your Pearls.
  • Never use tarnish remover or any type of jewelry cleaner advertised on TV as a miracle cleaner.
  • Never store your pearls in any type of plastic bag. Plastic can emit a chemical that will cause the surface of the Pearl to deteriorate.
  • Never leave your pearls around a direct source of heat such as a fireplace mantle, on top of a television set, or stove.
  • Never store your Pearls in a very dry room or in a safe deposit box for a long time. Your Pearls need a little moisture like your skin so that they will not dry out.

 

  • Always remember that your Pearls should be the LAST THING YOU PUT ON when dressing and the FIRST THING YOU TAKE OFF when get home.
  • Always use only jewelry cleaners that are labeled as safe for Pearls.
  • Always store your Pearls wrapped in a soft cloth or pouch and protected from all abrasive objects.
  • Always wipe your Pearls with a soft cloth moistened with water.
  • Always remove your Pearls if you reapply hair spray, or put on perfume with a sprayer, both can damage Pearls.
  • Always be aware of the type of fabrics you wear fabrics like Shetland wool can damage Pearls
  • Always remember that you are wearing a gift from the sea and the better you take care of them the longer they will maintain their warm glowing luster.
LOADING...